Determine what your actual needs for health insurance are
Before you begin your search for a quote, it’s necessary to determine your healthcare needs and the types of benefits you would like on the plan. For example, if you have a pre-existing condition such as a heart problem, you may want to search for an insurer that would agree to cover treatment for heart-related conditions. However, do take note that for pre-existing plans, most insurers will charge an additional premium or attach a waiting period on pre-existing condition coverage.
When comparing health insurance, clients typically look for the following:
Dental treatment cover
Pre-existing conditions coverage
Health check-up benefits
Outpatient treatment cover
Pregnancy and childbirth benefits
If you are unsure about the type of benefits or coverage you need in your plan, contact our experts to receive guidance and impartial advice.
How to compare health insurance
After you have decided on the benefits you want, the next step is to get a quote by using our online comparison tool. The steps are easy to follow and within minutes you’ll have a quote that features your needs. During the process, you’ll be asked to provide some contact details for one of our insurance advisors to get in touch.
Read on to learn more about our online comparison tool and how it works.
What to consider when comparing health insurance
Here are a few important factors to consider when comparing health plans:
Pacific Prime Singapore can help tailor your health plans so it includes only the benefits that you want to pay for. This will help reduce the cost of your premium and ensure you get what you exactly need from your medical plan.
When comparing medical insurance, people often overlook the finer details of their coverage. The surface-level benefit details may seem important enough, but it is important to consider other less noticeable things like:
- Plan flexibility - This could refer to how easy it is to add a dependent on your plan or an important coverage benefit like maternity insurance.
- Provider network - If you and your family are living in a foreign country and need to see a specialist doctor, going to a hospital that is part of your insurer's network of providers is recommended. There you may find services like direct billing, which means the hospital or clinic can easily and promptly bill your insurer.
- Area of coverage - It is worth checking whether the medical insurance plan covers you only locally or internationally as well. If you travel often, whether that’s for leisure or business, the latter may represent the best value for your needs.
When comparing health insurance, you should consider whether the plan offers guaranteed renewability. Some local plans tend to be renewable upon “mutual agreement”, meaning that the insurers have the right to refuse renewal of your coverage as a result of either expensive claims or pre-existing conditions that have developed during your period policy. In contrast, international health plans tend to be “lifetime renewable”, and are considered more of a long-term insurance solution than their local counterparts. We would highly encourage you to raise this with one of our advisors to seek a better understanding.
Compare health insurance with Pacific Prime Singapore
With over two decades of experience advising individual and corporate clients across the globe, our experienced insurance advisors are on hand to help you compare health insurance plans from reputed local and global insurers.
Benefits of using Pacific Prime Singapore as a broker
The advantage of using Pacific Prime Singapore is that we offer a vast array of additional services at no extra cost versus going directly to the insurer. These include:
- Hospital info and recommendation
- Administration assistance
- Insurer liaison
- Claims and renewal negotiations
- Claims support
- Impartial advice
- Plan comparison and analysis
- Local knowledge of the insurance landscape in Singapore
- And more